Sunday, February 28, 2010

Birthday

Day 49
My Grandma, Hazel Parr, turned 95 today. She is still a spry, active woman who loves to shop and have lunch with her friends in the "Red Hat Society." She watches basketball every night and talks with a luxurious southern drawl and wears designer perfume. She is an elegant lady. Today I learned that I don't need to know it all now. I am convinced that the reason my Grandma is still so together is because she found that perfect balance between enthusiastic learning and just being. Today I decided that from now on I'm going to pace myself a little. No more being frustrated if I don't know this or that. Who cares if I don't know what I want to do when I grow up? In 69 years, when I'm 95, I'll know what I need to know-and that will do.

While we're on the subject of birthdays I would also like to honor my mom whose birthday was yesterday. Happy Birthday to you, my ever patient, loving, timeless mom. I love you.


Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment