Sunday, February 7, 2010

Homemade Oreos and a Darling Baby

Day 30
Today I learned and tested a recipe. It's for homemade oreos. The beautiful thing about this recipe is that you can make it with any flavor cake mix and you can flavor the icing as you'd like. Oh...and they were DELICIOUS!

Cookie
1 box cake mix
2 eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 Tbs flour

Mix and drop small rounds of dough and bake at 350 for 6 minutes.

Icing
2 cups confectioner sugar
1/4 room temperature butter
1/4 vegetable oil
1 Tbs vanilla

Cream the butter and add sugar. Add oil and vanilla last. Spread the icing between two cookies. I think I'm going to try strawberry cake mix next time-for Valentine's day.

Oh-and I realized that I have one of the most darling baby boys in history.

Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment