Sunday, April 18, 2010

98 (Saturday- April 17th)

I am doing horribly at this! I completely missed Friday and now I'm having to make up for yesterday. But I will not give up. No matter how frustratingly annoying it is to sit down every night to post-I cannot deny the positive effects it has had on me. I view the world differently. I live my life differently. I am trying, and somewhat succeeding, at achieving goals I have set for myself. That is a powerful feeling.

So-Friday the 16th I learned all about the detrimental effects of sugar. I am a sugar addict-and I am not saying that lightheartedly. The amount I eat surpasses anyone I know and the realization that sugar could the be the source of so many of my digestive (and metabolic) issues is devastating! Please read this...it might prolong and improve your life. http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2010/04/20/sugar-dangers.aspx.

Yesterday, Saturday the 17th, I joined Trenton in chaperoning a youth dance at our church. I realized that I feel younger now than I did when I was attending those dances. There is something to be said for a few (or ten) years of experience. I now realize that not every situation requires a dramatic, tearful exit with doting friends in tow. You don't need a perfect body or outfit to feel confident. And if only I had known then that boys are like spiders-they're more afraid of you than you are of them.

Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment