Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mothers

Day 117 (Monday, May 10th)


This Mother's Day was a sweet one. Emma was unfortunately sick, which broke my heart, but nothing makes you feel more like a mother than caring for a sick child. I can't believe I am the mother of two children. My body has, by some miracle, created two perfect human beings. There isn't one thing in this entire world I would rather be doing right now. Mothering Ben and Emma has proven to be the most fulfilling, rewarding thing I have and ever will do. I have learned more in these 2 and 1/2 years than any other time in my life. Here is some of what I've learned so far-in no particular order...
  • There is no limit to the joy I have felt as a mom.
  • There is no limit to the worry and frustration I have felt as a mom.
  • Childbirth is way more painful than people lead me to believe.
  • The female body is truly amazing. It can literally grow another person, deliver it, and heal from the whole process pretty quickly. As if that weren't enough-it has the ability to do it over and over again!
  • This isn't about me anymore. The world doesn't revolve around my needs and desires.
  • I am a better Mom when I don't completely forget about my needs and desires.
  • Puke isn't that big a deal.
  • Poop isn't that big a deal.
  • Snot isn't that big a deal.
  • Should I keep going?
  • Vinegar is my best friend. It makes yummy salad dressings, removes odors from everything, and demolishes fingerprints.
  • Four words: Mr. Clean Magic Eraser
  • It is completely pointless to cry over "spilled milk."
  • Always have a change of clothes for the kids with me at all times.
  • Always have water and some sort of food with me at all times.
  • Exercise is so much more than getting in shape. It's a miracle stress buster.
  • I am the immediate example of womanhood that my children have. Talk about pressure!
  • How thankful I am for a washing machine.
  • A change of scenery can work wonders for a fussy baby and grumpy toddler.
  • How grateful I am to Kraft, for their perfect, never-failing Macaroni and Cheese.
  • Band-aids can "heal" almost anything.
  • To never hesitate when my gut is telling me to take them to the doctor.
  • To never hesitate when my gut is telling me to take myself to the doctor. I have to take care of myself. I'm the only Mom they've got.
  • How grateful I am for Trenton and that I don't have to do this by myself. I love him so much more each time I look at my children.
  • They are watching me...always watching me.
  • To not freak out about every little thing. Who cares?
  • To LOVE LOVE LOVE. Above all else, I have learned to truly, completely, unconditionally LOVE.

Can't wait to see what I'm going to learn going forward!

Janet



No comments:

Post a Comment