Sunday, June 20, 2010

Confidence and Self-Worth

Day 152

"Most people never fulfill their human promise and potential because they remain perpetually helpless children overwhelmed by a sense of inferiority. The feeling of being okay does not imply that the person has risen above all his faults and emotional problems. It merely means that he refuses to be paralyzed by them."

Dr. Thomas Harris

This is easier said than done. I'm kind of out luck because I choose not to drink or do any other drugs, so I don't have that element to lower my inhibitions. How does one soberly obtain that free-spirited, I'm-going-to-do-this-in-spite-of-what-you-might-think, attitude? Is that even a healthy attitude to have? It seems like the happiest people I've met are not the ones who spend their days doing all the things they enjoy. It's those that try to make this world a happier place for others. If you're spending all your time looking for ways to uplift someone else, how could you possibly be down? I guess the all encompassing ticket to happiness is balance- giving yourself just enough attention and love so that you're capable of loving others to the fullest.

Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment