Thursday, September 30, 2010

Dad

Day 213 (September 19, 2010)

Today I went shopping with my dad- which is especially fun because of his " go ahead and throw it in the cart" attitude. But as we were driving home he clued me in on how he felt about me...how he viewed me as a person- as a daughter, mother, wife, employee, etc. I was sure he must have been talking about someone else, or that I've been putting on a really good show for the past 27 years. But then I realized who this uplifting opinion was coming from. My father. I thought of the infinite worth of my own two children, how perfect they are, how smart and loving. And how much it hurts to know that some day they aren't going to see themselves from my perspective anymore. They are going to believe what the world is telling them concerning their self-worth and that just isn't accurate information. I guess I'll have to be even louder than the world as my babies grow up. And as far as my own self-worth? I think I'll keep having these conversations with my parents, who will always view me as nothing less than perfect. It's their God commissioned job to do so!


I also learned today as I was waiting in a Dr. office that the rate at which you should do compressions for CPR are 100 per minute. That's about the same rate as the beat to the Bee Gee's "Stayin' Alive." Good thing to know if you're ever put in that awful situation.
Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment