Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Spooky Treats

Day 220

Today I tried a couple new (to me) recipes for Halloween. I brought them to the cooking club and I think they were greatly received. Also- thanks to my friend Sarah, I will now be crusting my Cornflake Chicken with a combo of Cornflakes and Honey Bunches of Oats. Those tenderloins were incredibly yummy!

So these are "Witches Toes"-

1 pkg of Peanut shaped Peanut Butter cookies
1 pkg of green melting chocolates (they have them at the craft stores, but I found these spooky green chips in the Halloween decor section at Walmart).
Black licorice

After dipping the cookies I cut little pieces of licorice up the center and cut a nail-shaped curve at the top of the pieces to look like toe-nails.


These little cheesy eyeballs taste like gourmet Cheese Nibs-

1 cup flour
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 stick very cold butter
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp salt

Cut the butter into tiny cubes and mix with cheese into the blender. Once that's well combined, add the sifted flour, paprika, and salt. Shape into little balls, push a dent in the center, and place a green olive. Bake at 400 for 15 minutes.



I'll have to get the specifics of this recipe to you once I get it from my friend. But it's a "bunch" of goodness!


Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment