Friday, January 21, 2011

Day 263

On Wednesday, I punctured my hand with a pair of scissors while trying to cut through a thick piece of plastic. The blades went straight through the skin between my pointer finger and thumb- all the way to my wrist. Unfortunately, the wound was too deep for a simple band-aide, so I experienced having stitches put in for the first time. And that was no fun! But today I learned the power of asking for help. I am throwing my best friend's bridal shower tomorrow and had all sorts of intricate, detailed tasks to prepare for it. That was my initial thought when I cut my hand. It wasn't the blood. It wasn't the pain, or the concern over whether or not I injured my tendons or nerves. It was honestly, "How am I going to get everything done for Autum's shower?" But all I had to do was make 2 phone calls, and my house was filled with loving, willing hands- more than happy to lighten my load. I am so thankful!

Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment