Monday, December 31, 2012

New Year's Eve 2012


I have always been a sucker for resolutions made in the new year.  I love making my own, and enjoy the inspiration I feel when others share theirs.  In fact, it was 2010's resolution that brought this blog into fruition.  I'm not sure what it is about standing on the threshold of a new year that makes me so freakishly optimistic, but it never fails.  After the presents are unwrapped, and the family and friends have all returned home, and the leftover fudge has been tossed- a refreshing calm washes over me.  The peace that comes with the new year always manages to rinse off the fatigue, glitter, cookie icing, sleepless nights, tinsel, and inherent stress of December.  The new year delivers the promise that things can be different, if we decide for it to be so.

Tonight I'll be raising my glass with the succinct words of William Feather on my tongue, “Let us resolve to do the best we can with what we’ve got.” ~William Feather

Happy 2013!

Janet



No comments:

Post a Comment