Monday, December 7, 2015

White and Milk Chocolate Fudge


When someone surprises me with a plate of goodies at my house during the Holidays, fudge is the treat I get most excited about.  There's just something so dreamy about its ultimate sweetness and milky texture. I decided last Christmas that I was finally going to try making my own fudge.  I searched the internet, and borrowed recipes from some family members and decided on a classic recipe with the title, "Fool Proof Fudge."  Sounds easy right?  Nope.  After trying at least 5 different recipes, and wasting so much chocolate, I just couldn't get my fudge to have that silky texture.  It was either gritty because I couldn't get the sugar to melt properly, (even though I followed the instructions perfectly) or I would manage to burn the chocolate, leaving the entire batch suffering with an unpleasant smokey flavor.  I gave up last year. I admitted defeat and decided to leave the fudge-making to my fudge-skilled friends.  But with renewed hope this year, I tried again.  I tested a couple recipes I found on Pinterest, and they were good.  They actually seemed to have the appropriate, non-gritty texture I was hoping for, but the flavor wasn't quite right.  So I had fun and created my own recipe that is actually, without a doubt, hands-down, the most fool-proof fudge recipe.  And it is SoOoOo GoOoOoD!  There's a secret ingredient that sends this chocolate over the top, but it's delicate enough that you can't quite put your finger on what it is.  (I'll give you a hint...think warm, sandy beaches, and coconut trees.)

This recipe is so simple that you can enlist the help of your favorite little people.




White and Milk Chocolate Fudge

1 Cup Butter
1 Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
2 Jars Marshmallow Fluff
1 12 oz Bag Milk Chocolate Chips
1 12 oz Bag White Chocolate Chips
1 tsp coconut extract

Melt butter over medium heat and stir in sweetened condensed milk.  Add Marshmallow fluff to the butter and milk mixture and stir until the fluff is completely melted and combined.  Remove the saucepan from heat and add the bag of white chocolate, the bag of milk chocolate, and the coconut extract.  Stir until the chocolate is completely melted.  Line a 9 by 13 baking dish with foil and spray with non-cooking spray.  Pour the chocolate into the pan and let set for at least 2 hours before cutting.





No comments:

Post a Comment