Monday, April 12, 2010

Dear Little Debbie

Day 94

In keeping with my post from yesterday, I was faced with a showdown between brown rice and my favorite Little Debbie snack. Both portions were a 100 calories. A website can count your calories, but it does little to help when you're trying to choose the right during a moment of weakness. Okay, okay-so calories are not all created equal..I get it. But how am I supposed to be excited by a cup of brown rice when I've got its delicious caloric equivalent staring me in the face? Sure, the brown rice offers the type of complex carb that would sustain my energy, but the sugary treat would offer me pleasure.

Dear Little Debbie,

While I do love and adore you, I curse the day you were born.

Sincerely,
Janet

By the way-If you're wondering which I chose...I ate both. The rice gave me the energy to burn off the cupcake. Baby steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment