Saturday, May 15, 2010

Birthday-Part 2

Day 122

As my mom and I were standing in line at the grocery store today I had an epiphany. She is the ONE person, above all others, I should be spending my birthday with. We were out, just the two of us, buying yummy treats for my party and I realized that it was just the two of us 27 years ago. This woman brought me into the world. I shared her body for 9 months. I'm not sure how I managed to make it through 27 years of life without really considering this, but I SHARED A BODY WITH THIS WOMAN! My bones, eyes, and heart were created by her. I owe everything to her. It is because of her that I am! So then I got to thinking, why don't we celebrate our Mothers on our birthdays? Aren't they the ones that did all the work? Aren't they the ones that GAVE BIRTH? Then I realized I haven't spent one birthday without my Mom. So in the midst of all the fun chaos tonight I made a promise to her that I will never celebrate my birthday without her-and that's the least I can do to honor what she's done for me.

Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment