Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Vacation

Day 144

Laurie (Trenton's mom) took both my kids on a road trip to Iowa today. Before you jump to the conclusion that I'm a horrible mom for willingly shipping my kids off for a week, keep in mind that a happy mommy raises happy babies! I feel so free. I feel free to go to a movie and the grocery store, and out to lunch, to the library, to rent a movie, to the gym, to the dentist...all without packing a diaper bag, dressing two other human beings, and loading them in and out of car seats and strollers. Am I a bad mother because I enjoy a brief pause from my daily routine? Am I a bad mother because I'm excited about the fact that when I pick something up, it isn't right back on the floor a minute later? Am I a bad mom because I want my children to feel secure and loved by extended family and have unique experiences that don't always involve me or Trenton? I think not!

Because I love my children so much, I feel secure in the joy I'm experiencing during this break from them. And no matter how hard I try to feel torn up inside about them being gone...I just can't! Do I miss them? Of course! Do I want them home tomorrow? No way!

Talk to me in a couple days though...I'll probably be a wreck.

Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment