Monday, August 2, 2010

Trenton's Birthday

Day 181 (Sunday August 1)
I think I redeemed myself from the faulty pie making skills of yesterday. Trenton's birthday cake was a quadruple layer, double chocolate confection with caramel and chocolate icing hugging every last bit of it. Trenton, Emma and I had so much fun baking it, shaving the chocolate bars to sprinkle on top, and icing the giant thing that I almost didn't want to eat it. Almost.

Happy Birthday Trenton!

And Christy!
On to what I learned today...

There are wonderful, kind, compassionate people all around me. I really don't give people enough credit and I'm going to start.

There is no better cure for fear than service. And singing Christmas songs.

I love my family more than anything...ever. They are an endless supply of love, support, fun, and entertainment. They don't just offer their help and love. They provide it.

I really think Chocolate can heal all wounds.

And this is why I am putting myself through all the anxiety and stress over the sugery tomorrow. These pink little babies that have burst into my life like firecrackers. To be the healthy mother they need me to be, I'm going to need to be brave and do it in spite of it all.


Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment