Sunday, November 8, 2015

Slow-Cooker Creamed Corn

Did you know that scientists have discovered that the part of the brain responsible for love is the same area of the brain that lights up when a person enjoys food? Every once in a while, I'm introduced to a recipe that fills me with the same sort of excitement and giddiness I felt when I was falling in love with my husband.  And this Creamed Corn definitely falls in that category.  If you're looking for a quick, inexpensive recipe that is just about as silky as your first kiss, give this a try. Unlike public displays of affection- this Slow Cooker Creamed Corn is a crowd-pleaser.

Credit for this recipe goes to my Sister-in-law, Christy Parr.  I sincerely appreciate her sharing this recipe with me, and once you've tried it...you will too.


Slow Cooker Creamed Corn

2 pounds of frozen corn
1/4 cup salted butter
8 ounces cream cheese
1/2 cup of heavy cream
1/2 cup sugar
Salt and pepper to taste

Cook all ingredients in the crockpot on low for at least 3 hours, or until all the cheese has melted. Enjoy!


By Janet Schlosser @ forgetthefinishline.blogspot.com
Photo credit- Julie's Eats and Treats

No comments:

Post a Comment