Thursday, June 24, 2010

Balance

Day 155
The topic of balance came up tonight as I was having dinner with some girlfriends. One of them brought up how everyone is always striving for balance. B-A-L-A-N-C-E is such a loaded word. But she concluded that it is impossible to accomplish. Then my sister mentioned something she had learned a while back. Women should be encouraged to avoid this balance everyone works so hard to attain. Our lives are not meant to be balanced. There are things that clearly take priority over others. I wouldn't want my husband and children to be on the same plane of importance as my job, groceries, or the cleanliness of my home. So next time you're feeling icky about all the things that are falling by the wayside, think of the scale of justice. If your scale is tipping grossly, maybe try to even it out a little. But by all means, be sure that it's still heavier with the things that are most important and don't feel guilty about the imbalances in your life. Maybe even embrace them!

Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment